( 5 1 2 ) 4 4 2 - 6 1 8 9 Jamesmwhitespoke@aol.com
This site BEST viewed at: resolution of 800 by 600 pixels,& high color.
Celebrating the Best in Honky Tonk Music in Texas.
Click HERE to Listen
to BBC RADIO SHOW featuring
"THE BROKEN SPOKE -
A TRUE TEXAS HONKY TONK"
The Broken Spoke is Texas' most definitive dance hall. It's has a musical history that dates back to Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys. If you're ever in Austin, stop by for some traditional country music by some "real" country musicians. While you're here, check out our site and have yourself a big Texas Time...
|A Word From James M.
Here what some others have to say about the Spoke:
- Promoted by the European Tour Guide as a "must see place when visiting Texas."
- Voted "Best Honky-Tonk in Texas" by Texas Highways magazine.
- Voted "Best Country Dance hall in Nation" by Entertainment magazine.
- National Geographic called us "Their favorite night spot."
- A Member of the visiting Soviet delegation said Broken Spoke was their favorite event of the tour. Also, after visiting the Broken Spoke, the Soviet delegation arrived back in Russia and democracy was restored two weeks later. Coincidence? James M. White likes to think he had hand in it. ;)
- Among many of the famous visitors to Spoke (and we've had quite a few), the Queen of England's entourage stopped in to get a feel for what a true Texas Honky-Tonk was like.
- Among the TV & Movie Stars to visit have been Clint Eastwood, Robert Duval, Dolly Parton, Lonnie Anderson, and Dan Rather.
- Our football heroes to visit are Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, Jay Novacek, legendary football coach Darell Royal, and present University of Texas football coach, Mack Brown.
If you're ever in Austin, treat yourself and visit The Broken Spoke and experience a true Texas Honky-Tonk. You never know who's going to show up.